Leak Adjustment Request

Account Basics:

Today's Date
Account Number
Name on Account
First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Phone Number

Service Address:

Street Address
Zip Code

Leak Details:

Please provide a brief description of where your leak was found and what was done to repair it:
Service Line Material

Upload copy of receipt(s), and pictures of repairs (when possible).

File type(s) allowed: .PDF, .JPG, .PNG

Maximum file size allowed: 12mb


Dear KCWD 90,

I am requesting a leak adjustment for the billing period ending:

I confirm that I have repaired or replaced my service line and I have attached copies of all related receipts for this repair. You have my permission to inspect the line to verify that repairs are complete and that my line is no longer leaking.

Thank you.


Please type your First and Last Name


  1. Who is responsible for the leak?
    The District's responsibility, as far as the water distribution system is concerned, ends at the water meter. The customer owns the service line from the meter to the residence. Repair of leaks along the service line or in the house are the customer's responsibility.
  2. Will I be notified if I have a leak?
    The District makes every effort to notify customers that a leak may be present. District Staff is "flagged" by the "Conintuous Flow Report", provided by Neptune 360, which notifies the District staff that there may be a leak at the customers location. Notification of a potential leak by the District is considered a courtesy, and not a requirement. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to determine if their higher usage is due to a leak.
  3. Can I get an adjustment for my water bill?
    Since our community's water supply is limited and using it efficiently is of prime importance, we urge customers to repair all leaks promptly. To support our customers in this endeavor, the District offers a one-time leak adjustment (Review No. 6). Leak adjustments are applied to one billing period (two months). However, if the same leak extends into a second billing period, a second leak adjustment can be considered. In no instance will a leak period longer than two billing periods (four months) be considered for adjustment.
  4. How long do I have to repair my leak?
    To qualify for the leak adjustment, leaks must be repaired within 30 days from the District's leak notification or 30 days from the time the customer detects the leak.
  5. What type of leak qualifies for an adjustment?
    Leak adjustments are for leaks in the service line only (from the meter to the house). Leak adjustments do not include irrigation/sprinkler systems, running toilets, faucets, water heaters, hoses, or other above-ground or in the home systems.
  6. How often can I get a leak adjustment?
    The owner is eligible for a one-time leak adjustment during the life of the user's service line. A new owner is eligible for a one-time leak adjustment on the same service line the previous owner received. Although, if a second leak is discovered and the owner replaces the total service line (meter to the house) a second adjustment can be considered once documentation or inspection by the District verifies the replacement. Please note, consideration to approve additional leak adjustments is on a case-by-case basis and is at the sole discretion of the General Manager.
  7. How do I qualify for a leak adjustment?
    To be eligible for the leak adjustment, a customer's usage must be at least $50 above an average bill. To initiate the process, the customer must complete the District's Leak Adjustment Request Form. (To download the application from our Website go to www.kcwd90.com Applications tab. Copies of receipt(s) from the plumber or contractor's work and materials used in the repair must be submitted along with the Leak Adjustment Request form. Once the District office has received the request form, our Field staff will verify that work has been completed and the service line is no longer leaking.
  8. How is a leak adjustment calculated?
    The leak adjustment is calculated by collecting the previous three-year consumption history (or the number of years of history available up to three years). This billing history is used to calculate an "average water usage" for the same billing period during the previous years. The average water usage figure is then deducted from the leak water bill usage. Next, the cost of additional water purchased from Seattle Public Utilities is determined. Credit is calculated that is equal to the amount billed, less both the customer's average consumption and the cost of additional water purchased by the District. The leak adjustment is then applied to the customer's current bill, and a copy of the adjustment is sent to the customer.
  9. Where do I start?
    The first step is to find a plumber or contractor that can help you identify and fix the leak or plan to fix the leak yourself. The District encourages customers to call more than one contractor to get competitive quotes.
  10. What if I have more questions?
    Stop by the office Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., call (425) 255-9600 or email us at info@kcwd90.com.

Contact Request:

Depending on the number and size of any file attachments, this form may take a couple of minutes to process.
Please do not resubmit or refresh the page while waiting. You will be taken to a confirmation page when completed.